The Student News Site of Mountain Ridge High School | Glendale, Arizona
Ridge+Codes

Ridge Codes

RR: What is the purpose of your club?

Our goal is to continue building a collaborative stem community at Ridge filled with students from diverse backgrounds. We want to help introduce computer languages, mainly python to students interested in a C.S. career path or looking to explore computers. We also help students who already have experience with computer languages elevate their skills by exposing them to real-world problems.

RR: How do students join your club? 

Students can find our flyers outside of the computer science classroom or Mr. Samaniego’s classroom. The flier has the QR code to join the canvas and the code to join the Remind channel. Students can also get more information from Mr. Sam, by talking with our officer team and club members.

RR: What sorts of activities does your club participate in?

Our club is based on the PCEP certification course offered by Cisco. This self-paced course can be completed in 40 hours or less. After taking the test at the end of the course, members will receive an internationally recognized entry-level Python certification. Students can continue learning through the PCAP course, which is recommended for intermediate to expert-level coders. Apart from certifications, we focus on preparing members for jobs and internships. We work with our partner Code Ninjas to help build resumes and connect members with tech companies. As I previously mentioned we participate in Hackathons which are events where programmers get to collaborate and compete with each other on various projects.

RR: Who do you believe would be interested in joining your club and why? 

I believe any student at MRHS can join Ridge Codes. We offer versatile activities that students can participate in and choose which activities they want to explore further. In the modern era, companies require employees to have technological skills, and learning a programming language at a young age can make it easier when pursuing competitive positions. Students who are looking to make new friends and explore different niches are always welcome!

The Ridge Review • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All written comments are monitored, individually published and are subject to deletion if they violate our Basic Guidelines which are available for reference in our About Us! section. Have a good day!
All The Ridge Review Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *