The Student News Site of Mountain Ridge High School | Glendale, Arizona

National Honor Society

RR: What is the purpose of your club?

The purpose of our NHS chapter is to create an enthusiasm for excelling in academics, to stimulate a desire to render service, to promote leadership, to model the school values of merit, respect, honor and success, and to encourage the development of character in the students at Ridge as stated in the NHS constitution.  NHS allows our students to help our community by participating in community service while also enhancing their leadership traits. We help students achieve excellence both in and out of the classroom.

RR: How do students join your club? 

Underclassmen students are invited to join NHS during the spring of their sophomore year. They are selected based on their weighted GPA of 3.8. Students must submit an application for admission. The application includes submitted your extracurricular activities in leadership, character, service, and references. If students don’t get accepted, they can reapply near the end of their junior year.

RR: What sorts of activities does your club participate in?

Throughout the year, National Honor Society members attend chapter meetings and are required to volunteer a minimum of fifteen hours per semester. They also are required to attend our chapter service project each semester. Last semester NHS members worked at St. Mary’s Food Bank, packaging boxes full of canned and boxed food for families in need during the holiday season. NHS gives our students many opportunities to volunteer. This includes in school tutoring. 

RR: Who do you believe would be interested in joining your club and why? 

I believe students who constantly desire to improve their community are the most interested in NHS. With an emphasis on service, student members seek to help the world become a better place. Also, students who challenge themselves in the classroom are great fits for the NHS. Overall, students who love to use their academics to solve world  problems seem to be interested in NHS.

The Ridge Review • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All written comments are monitored, individually published and are subject to deletion if they violate our Basic Guidelines which are available for reference in our About Us! section. Have a good day!
All The Ridge Review Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *