The Student News Site of Mountain Ridge High School | Glendale, Arizona
Active+Minds

Active Minds

RR: What is the purpose of your club? 

The purpose of Active Minds is to break the stigma around mental health and to educate students on various mental health issues. Our club is dedicated to opening up the conversation regarding these issues and providing resources in which students can rely on.

RR: How do students join your club? 

Students can join the club easily! They can sign up for our Remind or follow our Instagram where we communicate meeting dates and other fun events we’re hosting. Students can attend one of our meetings and join Active Minds!

RR: What sorts of activities does your club do? 

Our chapter of Active Minds hosts a wide variety of activities. A majority of our monthly meetings include destressing activities, such as coloring, playing board games, or watching movies. Last year our club also held a panel discussion with the Active Minds chapter at Arizona State University in which students could ask current college students any questions they had regarding college and mental health.

RR: What audience do you believe would be interested and why? 

I think that people currently struggling or confused about their mental health would be interested in this club. Whether they have a difficult time managing their anxiety or are experiencing negative thoughts, Active Minds is a great space for students to come and learn more about their mental health. It’s also a fun place to just hang out/relax!

The Ridge Review • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All written comments are monitored, individually published and are subject to deletion if they violate our Basic Guidelines which are available for reference in our About Us! section. Have a good day!
All The Ridge Review Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *