The Ridge Review

The Student News Site of Mountain Ridge High School | Glendale, Arizona

The Ridge Review

The Ridge Review

Jumbotron displaying march madness logo
1 in 9.2 Quintillion
Jenna Dudley, Editor in Chief • April 2, 2024
Poll

This poll has ended.

What is your favorite part about Thanksgiving?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Glendale

• 10 PM
    89 °
  • 11 PM
    87 °
  • 12 AM
    84 °
  • 1 AM
    86 °
  • 2 AM
    85 °
  • 3 AM
    76 °
  • 4 AM
    84 °
  • 5 AM
    83 °
  • 6 AM
    72 °
  • 7 AM
    81 °
  • 8 AM
    82 °
  • 9 AM
    76 °
  • 10 AM
    88 °
  • 11 AM
    91 °
  • 12 PM
    96 °
  • 1 PM
    95 °
  • 2 PM
    96 °
  • 3 PM
    103 °
  • 4 PM
    98 °
  • 5 PM
    98 °
  • 6 PM
    99 °
  • 7 PM
    96 °
  • 8 PM
    94 °
  • 9 PM
    92 °
  • 10 PM
    91 °
September 24
100°/ 72°
Sunny
September 25
103°/ 72°
Sunny
September 26
104°/ 72°
Sunny

Fall into (the illusion of) Better Weather!

Ways to celebrate fall
Photo by Daniel J Schwarz on Unsplash

Starbucks released their fall line of drinks on August 24th. So while majority of temperatures are still in the three digits, Starbucks has declared it to be fall and who am I to question them?

Here are a few easy ways to get into the autumn mindset right now!

1. The Right Media

Fall is a mindset as well as a season. Gilmore Girls is a show that many heavily associate with fall due to its New England setting and special episodes about this time of year. When Harry Met Sally is a great movie centering around two people’s interactions with each other. It makes this fall list due to a famous scene with the pair walking under red-leaved trees. Putting on Gilmore Girls or When Harry Met Sally in the background can help you establish that it is fall.

1. The Aromas

One prominent way of association is through smells. Fall candles line the shelves of many stores and lighting a candle is a quick and easy way to feel the fall vibes set in. I always gravitate towards anything food adjacent–apple cider, cinnamon spice, pumpkin, pecans, etc! As of now, Target has candles in a glass pumpkin which could act as a wonderful candy holder after the candle itself is depleted.

1. Fall Food

Like I said, Starbucks has already released their fall drinks so go get one to enjoy to help usher in the fall atmosphere! If you aren’t one for coffee, then you can enjoy a caramel apple, apple cider, or a nice apple pie a la mode. Can you tell I associate apples with fall?

1. The Wardrobe

Layering is a staple of nicer autumn weather and while the Arizona heat is unrelenting, you can take a peek into your closet and see if there is anything you need for the new season. This is a great time to get clothes items at good prices before the weather turns, as many stores are still thoroughly promoting summer attire.

1. The Playlist

Fall is synonymous with certain music artists in my mind—The Smiths, The Cranberries, girl in red, Big Thief, Gin Blossoms, The Cardigans. All of these lovely artists cameo on my fall playlist, aptly named “rory gilmore season🍂”. Just listening to these handpicked songs ushers in the right mood for the weather I am ogling. Plus, making a fall playlist can double as a great friend-group or date activity!

Fall is a season of the quintessential musical background to wear stylish clothes and hold warm drinks to compliment the onset of chiller weather. Chillier weather may be far from reach, but stylish clothes paired with warm drinks and set to the right playlist are easily attainable and a great way to simulate fall before the weather falls into place.