Back to Ridge

Some students can’t wait to leave school and go off to college, or do their own thing, but for William McEowen, he couldn’t wait to get back.

Five years after graduating from MRHS and finishing his college football career at NAU, McEowen has returned home to teach physical education and health.

As he makes his return back to Ridge, Our newspaper staff caught up with Mr. McEowen to find out what he’s been up to and why he made his return to Ridge. When asked, Why did you choose to come back to MRHS, He replied with “I bleed forest green and burgundy”.

McEowen was a 3 year varsity starter at MRHS & was awarded a full scholarship to play football at Northern Arizona University. Many of his favorite football memories from Ridge center around the summer weight lifting program with Coach Schmitt, but he was quick to recall the rivalry with O’Connor.

“My greatest memory from Mountain Ridge was beating OC in football & signing with NAU” said McEowen.

He believes that it was a smooth transition from student to teacher; he loved the staff as a student and he loves coming to work with them every day.

His favorite teacher when he attended MRHS was Lindsey Fleegle. “Lindsey Fleegle was my favorite teacher because she was always super positive and supportive,” McEowen said.

His favorite part about teaching is getting involved with motivated students who have a drive to succeed in whatever they do!

All in all, Ridge is so happy to have Mr. McEowen back to inspire and fuel many students.