The Ridge Review

The Student News Site of Mountain Ridge High School | Glendale, Arizona

The Ridge Review

The Ridge Review

Jumbotron displaying march madness logo
1 in 9.2 Quintillion
Jenna Dudley, Editor in Chief • April 2, 2024
Poll

This poll has ended.

What is your favorite part about Thanksgiving?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Glendale

• 10 PM
    89 °
  • 11 PM
    87 °
  • 12 AM
    84 °
  • 1 AM
    86 °
  • 2 AM
    85 °
  • 3 AM
    76 °
  • 4 AM
    84 °
  • 5 AM
    83 °
  • 6 AM
    72 °
  • 7 AM
    81 °
  • 8 AM
    82 °
  • 9 AM
    76 °
  • 10 AM
    88 °
  • 11 AM
    91 °
  • 12 PM
    96 °
  • 1 PM
    95 °
  • 2 PM
    96 °
  • 3 PM
    103 °
  • 4 PM
    98 °
  • 5 PM
    98 °
  • 6 PM
    99 °
  • 7 PM
    96 °
  • 8 PM
    94 °
  • 9 PM
    92 °
  • 10 PM
    91 °
September 24
100°/ 72°
Sunny
September 25
103°/ 72°
Sunny
September 26
104°/ 72°
Sunny

The Return of The Ridge Review

Photo+by+AbsolutVision+on+Unsplash%0A++
Photo by AbsolutVision on Unsplash

At the end of the last school year, it appeared that the Ridge Review newspaper was coming to an end. As the staff dwindled to less than ten writers, it became difficult to release consistent publications and cover the school’s events. It seemed that the final straw for the 28 year-old newspaper was when its long time advisor, Mr. Korman, would no longer be teaching the journalism class. So, the remaining staff published their final and heartfelt goodbyes, signaling the end of an era.

But, in a fortunate turn of events, the class was picked up by Mrs. Kain, a staff member new to Ridge as well as the media productions teacher. Although the class still has a small number of writers, this year has also seen the return of the Journalism Club. With nearly 30 members, the Journalism Club will be able to provide the newspaper with the largest staff it has had in years. The club has students with all different niches, from writing to photographing to making cartoons. The officers of the club include president Remi McKim, vice president Jenna Dudley, secretary Karina Kunz, and treasurer Lorelai Atwell.

This year, the goals of the Ridge Review are to publish more content, gain more readership, and inspire more writers to become a part of the school’s newspaper. More writers, more articles, and transforming the way that it is run will hopefully bring the paper a very successful year. The staff hopes that the support for the Ridge Review will continue as they try to revamp the newspaper into a top-tier publication.

View Comments (2)