MRHS Cheer Team Places at Regionals!

Varsity Cheer decked out in their uniforms and ready to perform

Molly Bomar, Co-Editor

The Mountain Ridge Varsity cheer team took gold in the USA West Coast Regionals in December of 2021. The team has trained since August, facing challenges with setbacks of the CoronaVirus and the added pressures of last minute changes to the routine.

Tiffany Morrison, MRHS’s head varsity cheer coach, praised the team for their resilience after rebuilding the team during complications with injuries and illnesses. 

They were dealt some really tough cards, but they still came out on top,” Morrison said.

Despite facing the adversities and pressures, the team bonded over the months of training and stunts. 

“I watched these girls become more than teammates throughout this process, they have learned to trust each other on such a deeper level and have built such a positive and respectful culture on that mat throughout the past few weeks,” Morrison said. “It has been amazing to watch that culture grow and develop.”

Morrison applauded the whole team for their success on the regional title, complimenting the girls immense amount of talent, skill, resiliency, and determination.

“I want to give a huge shout out to Heaven Garcia, Kylee Wulf, and Aubrey Lee for stepping into their new flying positions and hitting their stunts with such confidence,” Morrison commented. “They learned their job last minute and made it look effortless.”

Morrison also mentioned sophomore Avery Marks, a last minute flyer who learned the routine and performed just as flawlessly as those who had been training since August.

Varsity is currently working to perfect their routine, practicing four days a week, and continuing to cheer at basketball games and future assemblies. 

The Mountain Ride cheer team are Regional champs for the third year in a row and bound for USA Spirit Nationals on February 25-27 in Anaheim, California.