The Ridge Review

The Student News Site of Mountain Ridge High School | Glendale, Arizona

The Ridge Review

The Ridge Review

Jumbotron displaying march madness logo
1 in 9.2 Quintillion
Jenna Dudley, Editor in Chief • April 2, 2024
Poll

This poll has ended.

What is your favorite part about Thanksgiving?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Glendale

• 10 PM
    89 °
  • 11 PM
    87 °
  • 12 AM
    84 °
  • 1 AM
    86 °
  • 2 AM
    85 °
  • 3 AM
    76 °
  • 4 AM
    84 °
  • 5 AM
    83 °
  • 6 AM
    72 °
  • 7 AM
    81 °
  • 8 AM
    82 °
  • 9 AM
    76 °
  • 10 AM
    88 °
  • 11 AM
    91 °
  • 12 PM
    96 °
  • 1 PM
    95 °
  • 2 PM
    96 °
  • 3 PM
    103 °
  • 4 PM
    98 °
  • 5 PM
    98 °
  • 6 PM
    99 °
  • 7 PM
    96 °
  • 8 PM
    94 °
  • 9 PM
    92 °
  • 10 PM
    91 °
September 24
100°/ 72°
Sunny
September 25
103°/ 72°
Sunny
September 26
104°/ 72°
Sunny

Mountain Ridge’s First Fall Festival

On 10/13, Friday the Thirteenth, Mountain Ridge’s Student Government held the school’s first-ever Fall Festival. It took place from 7:00-9:30 PM on campus. From the gate between F and E, stretching from the walkway near the cafeteria, the two grassy knolls and steps leading up to, and the library located in the A building.

Clubs who were interested could participate. Activities varied from Society of Female Scholar’s pumpkin painting, FBLA’s eyeball pong, She’s the First’s wonderful fall decorating cookies/crowns/masks, DECA’s Duck Pond game, Mentor Club’s skeleton hand balance race, and Volunteer Club’s musical chairs. The librarian Mrs. Barsky with the help of the Library Advisory Council was able to hold a craft section for kids to make Halloween puppets from brown paper bags and read scary stories. Student Government ran booths and activities, like pumpkin tic-tac-toe and ghost cup stacking to a caution tape race and tombstone cornhole as well as controlling the admission and setting up the movie.

The event was catered to the feeder schools, with grades K-8 invited to come. The admission price was $3 or 5 cans, to contribute to the month-wide food drive that takes place every October.

Overall, it was a success! Many children came, including staff and their families, and had fun going through the activities and booths. If you did not make it to this year’s event, don’t fret. The Fall Festival of this year opens the door for further possibilities for it to grow into a bigger and better event for Ridge students and beyond.